There are many different models of the dimensions of consciousness or planes of existence. They range from as few as 4 levels to as many as 31 levels in the Buddhist tradition. The most popular models use 7, 9, or 12 levels. These models are limited to this galaxy/universe. Those models that go beyond have as many as 352 dimensions.
Science is not yet sophisticated enough to prove what the dimensions are but it is provable that alternative dimensions to our world do exist.
Dimensions or planes can be thought of as density layers or different energy vibrations. They all exist simultaneously alongside of our familiar 3rd dimension world. They could also be called parallel worlds.
Each dimension has its own properties and energetic resonance. Only those that resonate with this energetic level will be able to inhabit this dimension.
Our consciousness exists on all density levels but we are not aware of it. We can access other dimensions in altered states of consciousness. For example to access 3D we are in the beta brainwave state. 4D requires alpha brainwave state to access it and 5D requires the theta brainwave state to access it.
The levels that we are most familiar with are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th dimensions as described below:
- 3rd Dimension (3D) Everyday life as we are incarnated on Earth. What the shaman calls the middle world or ordinary reality.
- 4th Dimension (4D) The astral plane or energetic vibration just beyond our physical, incarnate existence. Recently departed souls can pause here before traveling forward into the spiritual realm. In this dimension we can experience telepathy, out-of-body experiences, mysticism, and communicate with incarnated and discarnated beings. Ego remains with us in 4D.
- 5th Dimension (5D) The realm of pure soul, pure love. Also called the Afterlife, Heaven, Bardo, Inbetween, Interlife, Between Lives, Spirit World, Subtle World, The Other Side, or Beyond the Veil, it is where our spiritual team of guides and teachers reside, and is the abode of our higher self. Even though we leave the 5D to incarnate into a body on earth, a portion of our energy or soul always remains on the 5D plane.
The theory of ascension is that Earth is gradually transitioning from 3rd-dimensional consciousness to 4th-dimensional. (I will cover ascension in a separate post.)
Of course, there must also be 1st and 2nd dimensions and there are dimensions above the 5th but they are not very apparent from our viewpoint in the 3rd dimension. Usually the first two dimensions have these or similar definitions:
- 1st Dimension (1D) – The world of elementals, nature spirits, rocks, and plants. These beings do not have individual personalities.
- 2nd Dimension (2D) – The world of animals and the little people (dryads, sprites, fairies, leprechauns, elves, and pixies). These beings do not have individual souls or personalities but share a group soul.
Another interesting way to view dimensions is this model that covers the first 5 dimensions of a 12 dimension scale:
Awareness of Dimension
Residents of Dimension
|As a point||Minerals, water and genetic code|
|As a point and line||Plant kingdom and lower animal kingdom|
|As a point, line, width and breadth, height and volume||Human beings and the higher animal kingdom|
|As a point, line, width and breadth, height, volume and time||Etheric astral body aka higher human|
|As a point, line, width and breadth, height, volume, time and spirit||One-ness of God/Goddess/All That Is. Our Higher Selves live in Unconditional Love, Unconditional Forgiveness, and Unconditional Acceptance.|
In my work, I collapsed the dimensions down to 5 layers as shown here:
- 1st Dimension – Unconsciousness. Beings that do not have individual awareness. Sometimes we have the ability to sense or see beings in the 1st dimension.
- 2nd Dimension – Group Consciousness. Beings that have a group soul (animals).
- 3rd Dimension – Individual Consciousness. Beings with individualized souls and personalities (humans).
- 4th Dimension – Universal Consciousness. The group consciousness that all souls can tap into. Spirits/beings who reside here have an energy body no physical body. Here is where the Akashic records are stored. Also known as “the other side of the veil”, we can travel here in altered states of consciousness while incarnated, such as sleep, hypnosis, journeying, astral travel, etc. Sometimes we have the ability to sense or see beings in the 4th dimension.
- 5th Dimension – Source/Creator/Great Spirit/Universal Life Force Consciousness. This is the God consciousness that overlays or surrounds all other dimensions. It is where we came from and where we will return to. Not much is known about this dimension because we are not yet ready to experience it. However, we are evolving towards it.
Copyright © 2014 Drake Bear Stephen. Except where acknowledged. http://www.DrakeInnerprizes.com