WHAT IS ENERGY MEDICINE?
Energy medicine is the use of energy to activate the body’s natural healing energies to restore weak, disturbed, blocked, or out of balance energies. An energy medicine practitioner acts as a conduit for healing energy on the body’s energetic systems. Donna Eden, author of Energy Medicine, has identified 9 energetic systems associated with the body. To simplify, I have categorized the energy systems into the following 4 categories:
1. Energy Networks – Meridians are the body’s energy bloodstream consisting of 14 channels that carry energy into, through, and out of the body. Acupuncture points along these meridians can be stimulated with needles or pressure to redistribute energy along the meridian pathway. The Celtic weave (the Ida and Pingala) is a spiraling figure-8 network that runs throughout and around the body to keep all the energy systems functioning as a single unit. The Electrics help charge and connect the other systems at an electrical level.
2. Energy Centers – The chakras are concentrated centers or vortexes of energy that act like transformers to step down the higher energy of the aura into the lower energy of the meridian system. There are 12 major chakras and over 100 minor chakras.
3. Energy Fields – The aura is a multi-layered (usually 7) shell of energy that brings in energy from the environment to your chakras and sends energy from your chakras outward. It is a protective shell. The basic grid is the body’s foundational energy that all other energy systems ride on. The radiant circuits are fluid fields that ensure that all other energy systems are working for the common good and redistribute energies to where they are most needed.
4. Energetic Rhythms – Known in Chinese medicine as the 5 elements (water, wood, fire, earth, and metal), a person’s primary rhythm, in combination with the changing rhythms of life’s seasons, directs the ambience of the entire energy system.
Every organ, tissue, gland, and cell in the body depend on a regular and supply of this energy in order to sustain life. The body’s energy flow can become restricted or blocked by physical trauma, emotional trauma, surgery, disease, stress, or fear. Over time these energy blocks create dis-ease, emotional and mental disorder, and/or spiritual disconnection. Energy medicine can restore and maintain the body’s energy systems by means of tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points on the skin; by tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways; through exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects; by focused use of the mind to move specific energies; and/or by surrounding an area with healing energies.
Symptoms that there may be dis-function in the energy systems can range from being very subtle to being overwhelming. They include:
- Fatigue, weakness, or lack of vitality
- Chronic physical pains or illnesses
- Depression, anxiety, restlessness, emptiness, or panic
- Unresolved fears, nightmares, or interruptions to sleep
- Sudden changes in behavior or feelings you are not your usual self
- Feelings of being off balance, unfocused, ungrounded, or judgmental
- Feeling of being disconnected from Others, Spirit, and/or Nature
- Survivor of a trauma
Symptoms that there may be dis-function in the spiritual realm include:
- Lack of integrity, honesty, compassion, understanding, courage, or strength
- Lack of self-respect and self-esteem
- Lack of spiritual activities
- Lack of respect or tolerance for other human beings
- A sense of not belonging anywhere or a lack of sense of community
- Cruel and violent behavior towards other human beings
- Disregard for the needs of Mother Earth and the universe
- Physical, emotional and sexual abuse
- Not knowing your purpose for being
- The worship of material objects
WHAT IS SHAMANIC ENERGY MEDICINE?
The shortcoming of Western medicine is that the energy body is ignored whereas in Eastern medicine it is very integrated. For example, Chinese medicine is based on the theories of chi (energy) and Aruveyda is based on theories of prana (energy). So if a Westerner wants to heal on an energetic level, s/he must seek out a specialist. A specialist who is trained to work with the energy body is called a shamanic and/or energy medicine practitioner.
A shamanic practitioner facilitates healing of the soul or spirit. S/he specialized in working on crystallized and fluid energy, spirit possession, and missing soul parts (dis-functions 1 – 4 illustrated below). An energy medicine practitioner facilitates healing of the energy body. S/he specialized in working on ungrounded energy, damaged energy centers, pathways, and fields (dis-functions 5 – 9 shown below). A shamanic energy medicine practitioner facilitates healing for both modalities.
There is a natural overlap between shamanic practice and energy medicine practice. These two modalities can be combined to create powerful treatments that address a wide range of spiritual and energetic circumstances.
LIST OF ENERGETIC DIS-FUNCTIONS
Below are listed the spiritual and energetic dis-functions that can occur in the energy body:
1 Crystallized Energy – Toxic energies can crystallize in the energy body. Crystallized energies are metaphoric entities used by a sorceress and angry people wishing ill will in form of psychic attacks or curses. They can be in the form of blow gun darts, spiders, insects, snakes, etc. Or a crystallized energy can be remnants of past life memories of how our injuries, wounds, and deaths. Solution: Extraction of crystallized energies, inject positive energy, and repair aura.
2 Fluid Energy & Spirit Attachments – Fluid energies can be aliens, astral entities (human-like, animals, bugs, astral parasites, or thought forms), dark force entities (dark angels or demons), devas, fairies, elementals, soul fragments, or undines. Spirit entities are deceased humans who are trapped in the “middle world” and have not “gone to the light”. Solution: Extraction of fluid energies and spirit attachments, inject positive energy, and repair aura. Some soul retrieval work may also be necessary.
3 Missing Soul Parts – During a trauma, soul pieces have been separated and placed away from the energy body in a “safe” place or left at the scene of the trauma. Also, some individuals may have “stolen” or “borrowed” soul pieces from you. Solution: Recover soul pieces via soul retrieval.
4 Foreign Soul Fragments – Just as someone else can hold on to a piece of our soul, so you can be holding on to soul fragments of another individual’s soul. Most often these parts belong to a close lover, friend, or family member that has moved on. In order to clear and purify your own energy body, it is important to release that energy. Solution: Extraction of foreign soul fragments, inject positive energy, and repair aura.
7 Damaged or Blocked Energy Pathways – The energy meridians and grids may be blocked, damaged, or weak. Solution: Repair meridians and grids.
9 Damaged or Weak Energy Fields – Aura deviations can include blobs, bulges, bright spots, cold spots, hot spots, color splotches, dark spots, dense energy, dense energy, hazy areas, elongations, holes, clusters, pulsations, points of light and darkness, voids, agitation, lack of symmetry, tentacles, fissures, arcs, geometric forms, and flimsy, jagged, or wavy edges. Solution: Repair aura.
Copyright © 2014 Drake Bear Stephen. Except where acknowledged. http://www.DrakeInnerprizes.com